I've been a fan of Anna Bond's work since Design*Sponge featured her Rifle Paper Company and started a veritable blogger craze. I did some (admitedly five-minute) internet research and can't find that she has done any book illustrating but it can't be far off for her. Her work screams delightful children's book.
In today's daydream, I finish my novel, then sell it, then the publisher just happens to nab Anna Bond for her first foray into publishing. Clearly our works are a match made in heaven - she's already got a print featuring a scary hedge and she must love flowers because they're featured in so, so many of her prints.
Then the blogging world goes berserk, and hipster, design-loving mom bloggers everywhere, San Francisco to Williamsburg, declare they must all go out and support Rifle Paper Co. and this brilliant new children's writer, who features characters with lovely hipster baby names just like their own children; Helena, Henry, Winifred, Charlotte...
Everyone wins, especially me, because newly rich, I can now snag multiple orders of this, this, this, this, this, and front the cost of custom wedding invitations for all my engaged friends, forevermore.






No comments:
Post a Comment